Regentahealthcare.co.uk is not intended to address emergency or life-threatening medical conditions. If this is an emergency, please call 999 immediately. Further instructions of what to do in different types of situations can be found here.
“Regenta Healthcare Limited”, “We”, “Our”, “Us” refers to Regenta Healthcare Limited, its directors, executives, employees, personal healthcare coordinators, investors and agents, all affiliated websites, portals and applications owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Regenta Healthcare Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09088917 whose registered address is at 40, Princess Street, Manchester, M1 6DE.
“Consultant”, “Consultants”, “Our Consultants”, “his/her” refers to medically trained and qualified specialist Consultants who provide the second opinion and who work with Regenta Healthcare Limited.
“The Website” refers to the internet website (and secure portal) located at https://regentahealthcare.co.uk.
“Platform”, “Portal”, “Secure Portal” refer to the part of the website (www.regentahealthcare.co.uk) where the User creates an account and where the Consultant’s second opinion is available for the User to view.
“User” or ”you” refers to any third party that accesses The Website for the primary purpose of availing of our Products and/or Services.
“Data” refers collectively to all information that you submit to Regenta Healthcare Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
UK and EU Cookie Law refers to The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
“EMR” refers to Electronic Medical Records and is a combination of the information you provide via the portal and the second opinion report prepared by the Consultant.
“Services” refers collectively to everything the Company offers on the website.
“Information” refers to the content, text, data, graphics, images, information, suggestions, guidance, and other material provided to you on the website.
“NHS” refers to the National Health Service.
“GP” refers to primary care General Practitioners.
“A&E” refers to a hospital that provides accident and emergency care.
ABOUT THE WEBSITE
3) You acknowledge that although some of the information that is provided to you on the website may be provided by individuals in the medical profession. The provision of such Information does not create a medical professional/patient relationship.
NO CONSULTANT PATIENT RELATIONSHIP
4) No licensed medical professional/patient relationship is created by using information provided by or through the use of the website, second opinion Report or links to other websites we may provide.
5) Regenta Healthcare Limited does not guarantee that a digital questionnaire is the appropriate course of accessing a second medical opinion or that it is the appropriate or best course of treatment for your individual health care concern or medical issue.
6) Regenta Healthcare Limited is not a substitute for your primary care GP service or Hospital Consultant. It is designed to be used in addition to your existing primary and secondary care providers. It important that you inform your own GP and Hospital Consultant of any recommendations received through Regenta Healthcare Limited and that is your responsibility to do so.
7) You agree to contact your NHS GP, out of hours Consultant or visit your local A&E department immediately, should your condition change or your symptoms worsen.
9) If you are seeking the service for a minor (aged under 18 years of age), an adult person (parent, grand-parent, foster parent or legal guardian) who has legal guardianship of the child should complete the registration and indicate clearly that it is on behalf of a child under their care.
10) You agree to completely, accurately and truthfully create your Regenta Healthcare Limited Account, including (but not limited to) your name, date of birth, postal address, mobile telephone number/landline telephone number, email address and password.
11) It is your responsibility to update Regenta Healthcare Limited as soon as possible with changes to your personal and medical information so that all records are accurate, complete and up to date.
12) You agree to inform us of any changes to your legal name, your postal address and telephone numbers (mobile and landline).
13) You agree to not register more than once.
14) Your login details are personal to you and you are entirely responsible for keeping them safe. You agree to keep them confidential and not allow anyone else to use them.
15) You agree to inform us of any unauthorised use of your account or any other security concerns you may have, immediately.
18) Regenta Healthcare Limited complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and from 25th May 2018 with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will not share your personal information with any third party without your consent.
19) However, in an emergency situation we may need to contact healthcare professionals, social services, the police, national security agencies, courts of law, government health agencies or the emergency services without your consent.
20) Your personal information will be held securely in accordance to Regenta Healthcare Limited’s Internal Security Policy and the Law. We use industry-leading technology to keep your information safe including a Secure Server and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) to protect all information transmitted through the website. However information transmitted electronically is never 100% secure and there may be a risk that information transmitted electronically could potentially be intercepted.
21) Regenta Healthcare Limited may contact you by telephone, post or email to verify your account information. Regenta Healthcare Limited may request further information from you and you agree to provide such information to ensure you have not fraudulently created your account. If this information is not provided in the manner requested within seven working days of the request, Regenta Healthcare Limited reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of the website and services, until the information is provided to Regenta Healthcare Limited.
YOUR ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORD
22) In order to access our Services, you will need to create a personal, secure, account, into which you will upload your medical records that are relevant to the condition for which you are seeking a second medical opinion. By completing the online questionnaire, you agree to provide complete, truthful and accurate details for the Consultant who will review your case.
23) You accept and agree that any second medical opinion offered is arrived at in a large part by your recall and description of the symptoms affecting you and the details uploaded by you onto the online portal. Therefore a very significant part of the medical advice/diagnosis you may receive is arrived at based largely on the information that you directly supply at the time of you completing the online registration.
24) It is your responsibility to honestly answer the questions in the online questionnaire in as much detail as possible as you accept this directly affects the outcome of your second opinion process.
25) Once you have completed the online questionnaire Regenta Healthcare Limited agrees to use its best endeavors to have your case reviewed by the Consultant as soon as possible. Any files, images or photos you upload to the portal are stored in your EMR.
26) The Consultant reviewing your case may require additional information from you to allow him/her to be able to decide on a treatment plan. You agree to the Consultant requesting further relevant information from you either by contacting you by telephone, email or via the platform.
27) Neither Regenta Healthcare Limited nor any of the Consultants involved in preparing the second opinion report shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any damages or losses, neither in part or in whole, related to any information whatsoever or howsoever obtained (directly or indirectly), medical diagnosis, treatment recommendation, professional advice or any other part of the service or any associated Regenta Healthcare Limited assets including but not limited to advertisements.
28) You understand, accept and agree that you will not under any circumstances amend or alter the contents of any documents created by Regenta Healthcare Limited or its Consultants and issued to yourself.
THE SECOND OPINION REPORT
29) After you have created your online account, you can log into your account and request that a specific Consultant review your case. Alternatively, Regenta Healthcare Limited will assign a Consultant that they find most appropriate for your particular health condition. The second opinion report will be made available in your secure account within two weeks (excluding weekends and bank holidays) of you submitting the questionnaire and paying the appropriate fees.
30) Incompletely filled questionnaires may lead to a delay in the final report. You cannot hold Regenta Healthcare Limited accountable in such cases.
31) At times, the Consultant may need additional vital information from you prior to formulating the report. This can also lead to a delay for which Regenta Health Limited or the Consultant cannot be held liable.
32) The second opinion report is the exclusive opinion of the Consultant based on the information you have provided.
33) Regenta Healthcare Limited does not provide any medical opinions.
34) Regenta Healthcare Limited strongly advises you to inform your GP and/or NHS Hospital Consultant of the second opinion report, and it is your responsibility to notify them. This will allow for continuity of care.
35) The second opinion report will be uploaded onto the online platform. You will need to log into your personal account to access it.
THE SECOND OPINION CONSULTATION
36) In some instances, the Consultant may find it impossible to provide a second opinion, without examining you in person. In such instances, Regenta Healthcare Limited will offer you an appointment to see the Consultant (at his/her usual places of work) in his/her next available slot.
37) You understand and accept that this consultation may be at a hospital/clinic/consultant room that is physically distant to your current location.
38) Regenta Healthcare Limited will within reason, not charge you an additional fee for the Second Opinion Consultation.
39) You understand and agree that all travel and accommodation arrangements and costs will be borne by you.
40) You also understand and agree that in cases where a further second opinion consultation is needed, the second opinion report will take longer than the usual two weeks (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
41) If the Consultant who prepares your second opinion report recommends you need new medication as part of the report, your GP will have to give you a prescription for the new medicines.
PAYMENT OF FEES
42) You acknowledge and accept that you are responsible for all fees charged by Regenta Healthcare Limited for the Services that it provides and that you must pay these fees in advance.
43) It is your responsibility to pursue any third-party insurance reimbursement at your own expense.
44) You are explicitly aware that this fee is non-refundable under The Consumer Contracts Regulations, 2013.
45) If there is any question with regard to who is responsible for the fees and charges incurred, Regenta Healthcare Limited will refer to the details held under the account details for that user, and that individual shall have the legal responsibility for all fees and charges and no alternative position shall be accepted by Regenta Healthcare Limited;
46) Regenta Healthcare Limited reserves the right to modify its costs and/or pricing structure at any time, at its sole discretion and implement the new costs and/or price structure at any time. This will be clearly indicated on the website;
47) You are hereby informed that you have the option to withdraw consent for this second opinion at any time. If however, you withdraw consent after the Consultant has started preparing your second opinion report (irrespective of the state of progress of the report) you will not be liable for a refund, either in part or in full.
48) We do not provide refunds where Regenta Healthcare Limited or its Consultants are not at fault. The following circumstances (which is not an exhaustive list), are purely indicative of situations where refunds are not provided:
(a) You do not agree with the recommendations of the second opinion report;
(b) The second opinion report states that you are currently on the best available treatment and nothing further needs to be done;
(c) The second opinion reports recommends a treatment or procedure that you do not wish to have;
(d) The recommendations in the second opinion report cannot be implemented (irrespective of the reason for this);
(e) You do not provide sufficient information for the Consultant to arrive to a reliable conclusion;
(f) You are unable to attend the physical second opinion consultation necessary for completion of the service
49) In cases where a refund is due, you accept that this refund may take up to 21 working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays) and the payment will be made into your registered bank/card account. You agree that you will not direct any bank charges or costs of any kind back to Regenta Healthcare Limited if so incurred by yourself and that you hold Regenta
Healthcare Limited and its Consultants harmless in the event you suffer financial losses as a result of awaiting said refund monies.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
50) You further release and hold harmless Regenta Healthcare Limited and its Consultants for any harm, claim, injury or damages of any kind including, but not limited to, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damage, directly or indirectly, as result of any and all uses of the Services provided and any review, interpretation or analysis or and/or reliance on any and all second opinion reports.
51) You acknowledge that your use of Regenta Healthcare Limited and its services is at your sole risk, and that you assume full responsibility for all risk associated with it. Regenta Healthcare Limited makes no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, completeness or suitability of the information and services provided.
52) Although every effort will be made to generate a second opinion report in a reasonably timely (within two weeks, excluding weekends and bank holidays) fashion, Regenta Healthcare Limited makes no representation or warranty as to the timeframe in which such second opinion reports will be generated.
THE REGENTA HEALTHCARE LIMITED CONSULTANTS
53) Regenta Healthcare Limited selects its Consultants in a rigorous manner using the following criteria:
(a) Possess full registration with the General Medical Council and are on the Specialist Medical Register;
(b) Have no restrictions on their independent practice;
(c) Have a minimum of 5 years experience at independent Consultant level;
(d) Have no criminal offence history
(e) Are up-to-date with appraisals and revalidation and
(f) Are in possession of medical indemnity insurance.
54) The Consultants selected in this manner are not employed by Regenta Healthcare Limited but work with Regenta Healthcare Limited in an ad-hoc manner, to provide the second opinion report.
55) The second opinion report is produced by the Consultant and its entire content is the opinion and responsibility of the Consultant.
LIMITATIONS ON USE
56) You agree that you will not use the services in any unlawful way and/or for any unlawful purpose.
57) You agree not to alter the attribution of origin in electronic mail messages or postings;
58) You agree not to post or transmit any messages under a false name, or use the network resources of Regenta Healthcare Limited to impersonate another person or misrepresent Regenta Healthcare Limited.
59) You will not allow anyone to use your Regenta Healthcare Limited Account details to access or use the services, view comments and post and/or communicate in your name.
SPAM AND ANTI-SPAMMING LAW
60) You shall not market, promote or solicit Regenta Healthcare Limited products in ways that violate UK law. You shall not infringe the rights of others, shall not distribute unsolicited bulk electronic mail (spam); propagate computer worms or viruses; use a false identity; attempt to gain unauthorised entry to any platform, site or network; infringe copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights.
61) You agree to indemnify and hold Regenta Healthcare Limited and its Consultants harmless for any and all acts found or suspected to be in violation hereof. You shall indemnify and hold Regenta Healthcare Limited harmless against and from losses, damages, costs, and reasonable legal fees, if any, incurred in defending and/or resolving any suits brought against them, by anyone arising out of an alleged violation of any anti-spamming laws. Your account will be terminated for any of the above violations of the anti-spamming law.
62) Regenta Healthcare Limited does not endorse the promotions, products, or services of any third parties. Regenta Healthcare Limited does not warrant or validate the information of any third party advertisements, promotions, communications or other materials. Regenta Healthcare Limited does not assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of information contained in this website.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
67) Regenta Healthcare Limited has the right to delete all data, files, or other information that is stored in your account for any reason, subject to UK law concerning the keeping and maintenance of medical/patient records, which Regenta Healthcare Limited acknowledges and complies with.
68) In the event of any complaint or dispute you should first Contact Us and fully inform us of the issues surrounding your complaint in an open and engaged manner.
69) Regenta Healthcare Limited may also contact you after your second opinion report has been issued to conduct surveys in order to assess the quality of service and you agree to receive these emails and complete the survey at your discretion.
70) Any comments, suggestions and submissions made by you and provided to Regenta Healthcare Limited shall become the exclusive property of Regenta Healthcare Limited.
71) At the time the comment or feedback is made it shall act as a full assignment to Regenta Healthcare Limited of all rights whatsoever.
72) Regenta Healthcare Limited shall have the right to use said comment or feedback as its own for all legal purposes without any compensation to you.
73) This shall not include any personal information submitted by you as part of your Electronic Medical Record or other personal information held in your account.
76) Regenta Healthcare Limited shall not be liable for any losses arising out of the delay or interruption of its performances or any obligations due to any act of God, act of governmental authority, act of public enemy, war, severe weather conditions, or any other cause beyond its control.